The Remaining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the Brave

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas

Go down 
+2
Stealthkill
geriand
6 posters
AuthorMessage
geriand
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
geriand

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas   Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:40 pm

Everyone's done it, everyone loves to do it. Create your own world. It could be entirely serious and be a land of treachery, death and honour. Or maybe you were hungry one day and wished up a land of chocolate cake. What's important with creativity is the value of sharing it with others, because if you can't share how brilliant your mind is then how will you ever be discovered for the creative genius you truly are!
So this is where you post any literature you have written yourself as long as its set in a world, you have created (or on Earth but try not to use someone else's creation) or even just random thoughts you've had. The whole point of this thread is to see how imaginative our group of people really is.
Back to top Go down
Stealthkill
DoubleAdventurer
DoubleAdventurer
Stealthkill

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas   Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:02 pm

Aladane, that's all I have to say. Lots of stuff for that. Lots.
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas   Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:39 pm

I once created a story set in the World of Darkness, a gothic punk version of modern earth where secret societies of supernaturals lived among humans. In the story, an insane vampire, who was wrongly accused of murder and hung not long after America's revolution and embraced by the vampire who was actually responsible for the murder, spent his immortal life breeding an army against the U.S. government, and finally struck on New Years of 1999, throwing the country into anarchy. It started out as a table top game involving me, my younger brother, and my friend. We were a simple pack of werewolves, my character being the son of a wealthy business owner who started a gang of sorts that really was mean to take kids off the streets and give them a family and place to stay called the Wraths of Gaia.

Eventually, their mainly insignificant antics got pushed aside as new people joined the group and we focused on the actual war, there were battles in the streets of Los Angeles and Las Vegas as the revolutionary army fought the remnants of the U.S. Army. As the American government officially collapsed, the Revolutionary Army moved on, spreading anarchy to the rest of the world. Meanwhile, the vampire who sired the one who started it all moved in and formed an alliance with the other supernatural societies to start picking up the pieces and form their own form of government. I called this Aftermath of Anarchy.

Another project of mine, I created my own world using the races from WoD, but creating my own unique fantasy world. The world was divided between the elemental dragons and set after a great war had been fought, where demonic forces spread darkness across the world and a powerful mage lead an army to defeat them. The story was set a while after this war, the characters were members of the army the mage maintained to protect the world, and they began to uncover evidence that the demonic forces were starting to regroup, but the campaign didn't last long for various reasons. Oddly enough, White Wolf, the makers of the WoD, released Exalted a year or two later, that was close enough to the world I created on my own that my world could have easily been the Third Age of their world (Exalted was set in the Second Age).

Most recently, I've taken that idea a full step further and designed my very own rpg, which I've posted a lot of what I've done for it so far on UR, only to have it ridiculed for no justifiable or defensible reason by Chocobo, coming up with my own takes on the races I want to use, my own system, admittedly heavily influenced by both the systems of the World of Darkness and Exalted, and my own world, which I've still only got a vague idea on the actually setting and nothing written out yet, I've mainly been focusing on the races and magic and combat system for it so far. I've also been taking a break from it for various reasons as of late, and have done pretty much nothing with it in the past couple of weeks, but it is my biggest project to date.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysanthropicasylum.net
Atheist
Average Joe
Atheist

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas   Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:48 pm

I think the Earth would be a lot more interesting if it were impaled by a giant banana.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Head
Hero
Hero
Dragon-Head

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas   Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:25 am

It would be even more interesting if the world were like the stuff on TheOnion.
Back to top Go down
Tirin
DoubleAdventurer
DoubleAdventurer
Tirin

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas   Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:02 am

Myself, with four other individuals, once created a roleplaying website. It's currently up and running, and I'm telling you nothing about it, for no good reason. *Cough* We need members *Cough*

Also, LM, if your current project ever gets finished, I want to be in it. Sounds nice.
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas   Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:59 pm

When I get the gumption to finish the last few things for my combat system, I'll be sure to let you know so you can be in on the playtesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysanthropicasylum.net
Dragon-Head
Hero
Hero
Dragon-Head

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas   Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:04 pm

I'd like to try your game too (providing it's within a zip file).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas   Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Worlds, Your Stories, Your Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Remaining :: Media Center :: Films, Photos, and Literature-
Jump to: