Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mysteria Kiito
Hero
Hero

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: O.o Chocobo   Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:48 pm

[19:20] Chocobo: Hello. I'm sure you know who this is and why I'm contacting you,
[19:20] Chocobo: I also don't have to tell you that the forums are in chaos.
[19:20] Chocobo: So why are you making it worse?
[19:21] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: I'm obviously not happy either. I have kept my mouth shut so far but seeing one of my friends make a thread and basically bow down to the crappy moderation is not what I wanted to see.
[19:21] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: Mael was fair and just. I am going to be honest and say I don't like you.
[19:21] Chocobo: Which thread would this be?
[19:22] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: The one by Spiffums.
[19:22] Chocobo: You'll have to be more specific.
[19:22] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: He said he doesn't like the moderation but he is going to be loyal to the end anyways.
[19:22] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: All in all he'd rather throw out his dignity.
[19:22] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: I remember when I first joined these forums they were fun.
[19:22] Chocobo: What thread are you talking about?
[19:23] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: Wow, am I the only one here who's still loyal?
[19:23] Chocobo: I'm sick and tired of being blamed fir everything that's going on.
[19:23] Chocobo: Uh...it's still here.
[19:23] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: I didn't say it was deleted.
[19:23] Chocobo: Then what's wrong with it?
[19:23] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: It got me riled up seeing what Spiffy posted.
[19:23] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: He was a friend.
[19:24] Chocobo: Was? He's not _dead_.
[19:24] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: I do not agree with what he said. I'm a little ticked with him.
[19:24] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: Personally I do not agree that you can be loyal to a forum that is kicking your friends around and be loyal to your friends at the same time.
[19:24] Chocobo: Look. I'm not perfect. I'll admit it. Neither is Rob and Kitten. I try to be fair.
[19:25] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: You have an unfair grudge against my husband.
[19:25] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: I don't think you're fair at all.
[19:25] Chocobo: Until today I haven't even operated outside Roleplaying except to take down explicit spam.
[19:26] Chocobo: I'm not sure what I did to slight you.
[19:26] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: I love LM with all my heart. And the RPG he is making means the world to him. I heard you gave him criticism that wasn't even constructive and was just down right mean.
[19:26] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: He needs criticism that will help him, not flame him.
[19:27] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: I am sure KK would be a little pissed if someone said something bad about Rob or vice versa.
[19:28] Chocobo: I'm sincerely sorry if I have offended him. But I'm not sure what my personal opinions and my moderation have in common with each other.
[19:29] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: It isn't professional the way you told him and have acted toward him since. Instead of acting like someone who wants to use a ban hammer all the time or just squish out everything in site, try to be nuetral.
[19:30] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: And a lot of others agree as they have had encounters like this with you.
[19:30] Chocobo: You know...I appreciate that you're willing to talk about this. I really do. Thank you.
[19:31] Chocobo: Not enough people do this these days...
[19:31] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: They are afraid to.
[19:31] Chocobo: And instead, they spam blue penises.
[19:31] Chocobo: I don't see that as being afraid.
[19:31] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: After the whole banning and demotions no one wants to say anything.
[19:32] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: Well, they didn't use their actual accounts except for one person.
[19:32] Chocobo: You know what would solve absolutely nothing? If I abdicated and left Rob and KK to clean up this mess.
[19:32] Chocobo: It's not within my power to get A pretty cool guy back.
[19:33] Chocobo: I'm not Rob. I don't make policy. I just enforce it.
[19:33] Chocobo: Yes, I might have been a little over the top while doing so.
[19:33] Chocobo: I've only banned the people that spammed, namely Lord of the Dead and what I can assume were his multis.
[19:34] Chocobo: Nobody who wasn't deserving of it was demoted today.
[19:34] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: I'm actually surprised you haven't banned me for being open.
[19:34] Chocobo: Why would I do that?
[19:35] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: That is what everyone I have spoke with that is unhappy with the way the board is moderated has told me would happen if they so much as mentioned their unhappiness.
[19:35] Chocobo: You are the first person to say "Chocobo, I believe you have done this and this wrong" instead of "olololol Chocobo likes blue penises"
[19:35] Chocobo: Hell, if I had it my way, you and LM would be moderators. I think you two are more than capable.
[19:36] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: Ever hear of people not able to gain respect unless they give respect? This is that kind of situation. I have been a mod myself on a message board and even on a website. It isn't always easy but is possible.
[19:37] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: I doubt highly that KK or Rob would like that. I think there was an issue with whether we were the same person or something? Or so I heard.. lol That would be weird considering we have a daughter.
[19:38] Chocobo: Haha, to be fair, neither KK nor Rob are very good at running a forum.
[19:38] Chocobo: I sincerely hope I've done a better job than them, but better isn't always good enough.
[19:39] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: Honestly, people think you're KK's pet.
[19:39] Chocobo: I've noticed.
[19:39] Chocobo: I'm not sure why they think that, but let them.
[19:40] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: When I first joined the boards I didn't remember you being the way you are now.
[19:40] Chocobo: When I first joined the boards, I don't remember the users being like they are now, either.
[19:41] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: I think right now the users are quite frustrated and are probably lacking in ideas for better posts because they are restricted.
[19:42] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: Some intelligent threads, like Egg Nog said, have spam in it. And do tend to get closed because of the few idiots that spam them.
[19:43] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: There are going to be idiots that cannot form an idea and will ruin a good thread. I have an idea that perhaps a seperate forum could be made specifically for intelligent posts only and spam could result in punishment.
[19:43] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: A message board LM and I visit had a sperate forum for things like this. Artwork, poetry, and political debates.
[19:44] Chocobo: And how many members do we have that can intelligently debate artwork, poetry and politics? Ten? Twenty? If you want threads like that, by all means, post them. I will do my best to keep them free of idiots.
[19:44] Chocobo: I think it can be done in Off Topic.
[19:45] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: LM and I will see what we can do, we just wouldn't want to see them locked just because of a few spam posts.
[19:46] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: He's smarter than me though and would have way more conversation wise in the intelligence department. Razz
[19:46] Chocobo: I'm looking forward to it. Thank you.
[19:47] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: You're welcome.
[19:47] Chocobo: If only we had more people like you and less people like Geriand.
[19:47] Holy hellcat on a hot steel hog!: lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stealthkill
DoubleAdventurer
DoubleAdventurer

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:50 pm

After reading this, my opinion has changed. I believe that (aside from the LM grudge) Chocobo means well, but doesn't always convey it best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skittles
SexyFrench
SexyFrench

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:00 pm

What Stealth said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wicca.com
Tprime
DoubleAdventurer
DoubleAdventurer

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:13 pm

You should have brought up something about having them not ban contributing members....aka moi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Tprime.deviantart.com
Stealthkill
DoubleAdventurer
DoubleAdventurer

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:16 pm

Also Forgefire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tprime
DoubleAdventurer
DoubleAdventurer

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:21 pm

Stealthkill wrote:
Also Forgefire.
Forge was never banned, apparently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Tprime.deviantart.com
Stealthkill
DoubleAdventurer
DoubleAdventurer

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Tprime wrote:
Stealthkill wrote:
Also Forgefire.
Forge was never banned, apparently.
Weird, I thought he was. Apparently not though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forgefire_McCain
Adventurer
Adventurer

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:55 pm

Nope, I just got sick of what I consider a downward spiral in robs work and decided to spend some time concentrating on finishing up school and launching my career. I have a tabletop RPG that I am currently writing (and indeed am halfway done with) along with a few 3.5 D&D books that I have been working on to see if they have legs. It was only recently that Pooh showed me this site and I figured that it would be nice to see some of the people I loved debating with on Urealms without having to deal with the constant drama and painful annoyance of the Urealms site itself. Seemed like reason enough to join up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord of the Fatties
Adventurer
Adventurer

Number of posts : 57
Location : In a place more euphoric then a sesquipidarius googooplex.
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:12 pm

I have always loved Chocobo. Of any mod anywhere for anything, he has always been my favorite. I'm sure he has a fairly low veiw of me, because I have this horrible problem with showing my intelligence, as I have a deep seeded need to see others laugh. This, in turn, leads me to constanty degrade myself horribly for laughs, despite my intelecual side's abyssmal veiw of doing just that. Regardless, I have always liked Chocobo. I also am incredibly kind, and though I can't say Rob and KK have done a great job on the forums, I can't say they've done a bad one. I honestly believe that Rob had every right, and every need, to go on that spree of demoting/banning as he did, although I don't support all his choices on who to target, and I hold no real grudge against him. I know people of weak minds will use my inherant kindness as something to be used against me in an argument, and twist it to be me kissing up, and it's not. I am mearly trying to make this point: I like Chococbo. I DON'T hate, or even dislike, Rob and KillerKitten. And I am not stupid, nor am I kissing up. If you would like to accuse me of kissing up, first look in the mirror and ask yourself "Why?" I'm sure you'll find the answer quite shocking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scitzy
Adventurer
Adventurer

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:06 am

My favourite part was when the blue penises came up, the rest of that conversation was just boring information and reasoning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geriand
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:37 am

I like how he thinks I did it all...

"So what if I look camp? I'm a super hero!" - Mesmerio in Issue #2 of "The Marvellous Mesmerio"

"The time has come Samuel, your live shall end and mine shall truly begin" The Lich in Chapter 25 of The Eternal Apocalypse
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tirin
DoubleAdventurer
DoubleAdventurer

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:10 am

If Spiffy pursues the matter, I'm going to end up feeling guilty and admitting to it.

Also, my dynamic IP defeated the IP ban.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon-Head
Hero
Hero

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:35 am

Look's like he isn't such a bad guy after all.

PoohBear
Joe the Plumber
Joe the Plumber

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:46 am

scitzy wrote:
My favourite part was when the blue penises came up, the rest of that conversation was just boring information and reasoning.

MOAR BLUE PENISES!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geriand
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:19 am

I didn't realise we ever mentioned blue penis'

"So what if I look camp? I'm a super hero!" - Mesmerio in Issue #2 of "The Marvellous Mesmerio"

"The time has come Samuel, your live shall end and mine shall truly begin" The Lich in Chapter 25 of The Eternal Apocalypse
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tranced
Average Joe

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Blue penises, that's me!

Yeah, I never was against Chocobo. Nothing was directed at him. It was directed at Rob and Kitten for being unreasonable with demotions and bans. In return, we were extremely unreasonable with them. Maybe a little too unreasonable, infact. A serious forum is hard to find, and although there were intellectuals in the UR forums, there was also admin abuse, none of which I blame on Chocobo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sambo
Adventurer
Adventurer

Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:53 pm

I feel like a Douche after reading that:(.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O.o Chocobo   

Back to top Go down

O.o Chocobo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Remaining :: Forum Activities :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: